With 582 participating nonprofits, reporting on over 30,000 employees, the 2016 survey is the largest and most robust in its 38-year history. 2016 was also the 4th year in a row that the number of organizations participating in the survey increased!
73% of the 2016 survey's participants see hiring challenges in the year ahead, as economic conditions continue to improve. They foresee increased competition from their colleagues and businesses to attract and retain the "best and brightest" employees. More than you have in recent years, your organization will need the wealth of information produced by the 2016 survey to compete effectively on this ever changing playing field.
Here’s how your agency will benefit from the best survey of its kind:
- Current, local compensation data on 201 jobs found in nonprofit organizations throughout Northern California, including the metropolitan areas of Sacramento and the San Francisco Bay Area
- Base pay levels and bonus/incentive pay for each job with details by annual operating budget, location within Northern California, number of employees and primary field of service
- Employee benefits in detail: paid time off, insurance, retirement
- Salary increases over the past year and expected during the next year
- Policies with respect to on-call work, overtime, shift differentials, pay for bilingual skills, introductory periods, performance reviews and more.
The survey also helps your agency find out how the local nonprofit community is coping with current economic conditions. Here are some questions the survey can help nonprofit managers answer:
- How do the salaries paid at our organization compare with those paid at similar, local organizations?
- Are organizations still freezing salary levels, or are more planning to increase salaries during the next year?
- How common are bonuses or incentive pay for jobs like ours?
- Are more organizations shifting benefits costs to employees?
- How do pay levels for male and female Executive Directors compare?
To find out how your agency can acquire this must-have resource (published April 15th), visit www.nonprofitcomp.com, or contact Nonprofit Compensation Associates, the publishers of the survey, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 645-1005.
A copy of this survey is available for reference at Foundation Center San Francisco. Feel free to come into the library for access.